12.17.2008

"NOT" The Dress

The hunt for the wedding dress was actually easier than I thought–only 2 bridal stores. Of course, you won't see it until the day of, but you can see the strong contenders and the not so strong ones. This first image was my 2nd choice, however, it was a little too on the formal, cathedral-like side for an outdoor wedding.


These were the not-so-flattering ones for a 5'2" female – TOO poofy and cuts my waste in half. Surprisingly, I was a fan of the poofy, long terrain. It certainly made a statement, but not the one I was going after...



I can tell you where I did find my dress, the House of Brides Couture in downtown Chicago. I read some of the reviews before I went there, some good and bad. Truly what made the difference is the wedding consultant. I highly recommend the girl I had, Vanessa. She knows the woman's figure and how a dress should shape any body type. The first dress that she selected for me, after I described what I was going after, was the one.

Some keywords for the dress that I did pick: simple, structured, textural, and flowy. (not a word, i know)

No comments:

Post a Comment