12.16.2008

The Proposal

In case any of you haven't heard the story of our proposal, I thought I would share it. It only took eight years into our relationship. :)

Date: June 22, 2007
Location: Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Setting: Moonlit Beach


We just finished a nice dinner at our hotel and Hemal suggests a stroll along the beach. And what a night it was – a warm, breeze flowing through the air, a perfect moonlit beach, our hands destined for each other as we walked barefoot along the shoreline and the ocean waves were just crashing at our feet. Before I knew it, his hand suddenly broke away from mine so I quickly turned around to discover he was down on his knee holding a beautiful ring.

As I looked into his dark-brown eyes, waiting and hoping to hear those four glorious words. He awkwardly blurts out, “So, uh-uh...you wanna marry me?” What could I say, but "I g-guuesss." His nerves got the best of him.

Although the proposal was slightly botched and unexpected, it truly was a happy ending after all. His proposal was in character to who he was–nothing fake about it. Not to take it negatively, but I call it the "
Homer Simpson Moment" as some of you may have already heard. What can I say, he always makes me laugh.

Well, the wedding date is getting closer, going on ten years into our relationship, a two-year engagement, I think we are ready to get married!

No comments:

Post a Comment