1.06.2009

Wedding Sneak Peak: Florals

I wanted to show you guys some other florals out there that aren't roses!

Ranunculus (above), also known as "Persian Buttercup", I think is a nice alternative to the Peony. The bloom isn't as big, but the petals are buttery-soft, dense and full-skirted. They come in other great mixed shades–orange, hot pink, soft pinks, white, cream and bi-colors (green center). And the price isn't as costly compared to the Peony. [Availability: traditionally winter & spring, some sellers offer them year-round]

Craspedia (above), also known as "Billy Balls" and "Woollyheads", is truly unique and memorable with its fun, round shape. Usually florists will use this flower as a supplemental filler for wedding flowers and bouquets. However, they look even better alone with their long skinny stems and tall, round heads. Not badly priced either when they are available. [Availability: summer & fall]

I can't wait to use these florals and and incorporate them into my wedding! You will have to wait 6 months to see the final product of course.

I will eventually be posting online wholesale flower superstores that I am thinking of using for my floral purchases for the day of our wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment