5.04.2009

Another Weekend Update: Indy Wedding Shower

This past Saturday we went to our 2nd wedding shower, but this time it was mostly my side of the family. This event was hosted by my Aunt Clare and sister and Sharada.

It was certainly a special day for me since I was able to see family and friends that I have not seen in a long time. My 90 year old grandmom was even there. It was nice to mingle with everyone and catch up on each others' lives. Plus, we can't forget the great gifts from everyone to start our future home together.

Also, the food was superbly gourmet-like even though the spread was mostly appetizers. All kinds of great cheeses like Brie with dried fruit intermixed. My Aunt Susan made the best homemade cheesecake that beats any New York style cheesecake that I ever had.

And once again, my sister made another awesome drink for the party. At the last shower in Chicago, her red & white sangrias were a hit, but this time around, she made a special virgin drink to accommodate Nisha during her pregnancy. It was a "Rose" punch, and it had actual rose petals in it too. (Sorry, no picture of it.) And it tasted like and smelled like roses too!! It may sound odd, but everyone has to try it. Email me if you want the recipe!

Time to open gifts! Yay! :)

Closing speech from my Aunt Clare explaining the symbol of the Lotus flower.

Oh wait, it's not over yet. We have one more gift to open from all the Shoaffs. It was an original piece of art for our home.

I want to thank everyone who attended the Indy Wedding Shower and for the very thoughtful gifts. Looking forward to seeing everyone on our big day which is literally around the corner! And thank you Aunt Clare for hosting the event at your lovely home.

No comments:

Post a Comment