2.10.2009

Decor for all the Baby Frenzy...

I am surrounded by babies – don't get me wrong, it's a good thing. Quite a few of my friends have babies, and if they don't, they are about to have one, or are thinking about it! So this post is for all the people who need inspiration for a child's room. I know this topic is veering away from wedding planning, but it still includes design and what inspires me.

I was recently browsing on my friend Annie's blog, Just Lovely, and she helped inspire this post today. (A side note. She inspired me to start my blog. Thanks AO!) On one of her older posts, I just fell in love with one of her featured prints from sproutdesign, an Australian company that produces hand screened child focused prints.

{Images from sproutdesign.net.au}

Sproutdesign uses a minimal color palette with fun, cute animals. Now imagine taking either the giraffe or hippo color design and graphically splashing it into a child's room with 2-3 colors. How bold and cool would that be?

I don't have an example for you of that, but take a look at the room designs below that utilize a simple color palette with graphic, animal shapes to really make a child's room come to life.

{Left image from becoming-home.com}

How adorable is the monkey mural overlooking the crib, or the whimsical butterflies flying out of the crib. Also, why not wallpaper a kid's room with a playful, animal design.

{Bottom left image from oxygen.com}

Simply what makes any room come to life is a strong color palette and a design concept applied throughout.

INSIGHT & IDEAS: A strong color palette & a design concept applies to wedding invites and receptions, too. By maintaining color and design consistency from invite to reception decor makes a powerful statement about a wedding.

Don't forget to visit Annie's blog, Just Lovely, in case you want to see the latest, unique textile designs that may inspire your child's bedroom or any room.

No comments:

Post a Comment