4.12.2009

Home Fix-Its

We aren't doing extensive renovations, but definitely filling in some holes... literally. :)

Main Fix-its that were at the top of my list (and Hemal's after much badgering):
  1. Fill in cubby hole above fireplace
  2. Remove all medicine cabinets in bathrooms and fill it in
  3. Remove and replace light fixtures in kitchen, dining, breakfast nook and all bathrooms
  4. Fill pot light and 3 pendant lights over bar area (Thank you Nirmal for suggestion!)
  5. Paint whole house
  6. Hardware pulls for kitchen and all bathrooms
I wasn't able to capture every moment of the renovation since I was running around myself, but here's what I did get with my iPhone.

Here's our handy guy filling in that ugly, cubby hole above the fireplace. I can't stand cubby holes above the fireplace. I know the previous owner had a t.v. in that area, but it truly restricted the layout and the flow of our home. I hopefully plan to feature an art piece or a large mirror above the fireplace.

Bye bye hole... :)

Bye bye ugly medicine cabinet in master bath. They always remind me of apartment living, and they always look abominable inside.

Bye bye lighting fixture. These weren't that bad looking, but we wanted something more modern.

Bye bye boxed lighting in kitchen, and "HELLO" to the new trio pendant lights above the bar! They aren't up yet, but you can see them placed on the bar area for positioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment