4.25.2009

We have a Breakfast Area

Some furniture is finally trickling in, and here's the first of it – our breakfast table & chairs. The walls and table look at little "naked," but over time it will definitely feel cozier.


It just turns out that everything in our breakfast area happens to be from Crate & Barrel. Featured is the Monroe 48" round dining table, the Epoch chair in Cocoa Tweed and the Finley round, white pendant lamp. I bought all these items at different times having in mind, the central focus will be the dining table.

Originally, I wanted this glass table below in a 48" thick glass with a dark wenge oak base. Not to my luck when I went to purchase it, it was discontinued. :( I liked the base a lot, because it had some angle and design to it.

This other glass dining table is from Design Within Reach, and I just loved the base too, but the price tag was a bit over the budget I wanted to spend for a breakfast table.

However, the Monroe table from Crate & Barrel did the job. No solid glass top which was fine, but the base had some of the interest that I was going for. The construction is actually pretty cool; it utilizes ancient Chinese joinery to hold all the solid chestnut wood pieces together. So this should hopefully last for awhile thanks to the Chinese.

No comments:

Post a Comment