3.11.2009

Mix'n Match Pillow & Textures

I am in the process of picking decor for our new future bedroom & living room. And what helps me in the process of designing a look for a room are pillows!! Find a pillow, or several pillows, that carry the essence that you want through color, character and texture. Pillows are always a good starting point to help people design their own rooms.

Here are some color combos that I have montaged together through several pillows. As you can see, I am all about mixing patterns & texture, and the element that unifies all these pillows together is the color.

The color blocks on the left is the working color palette for the rest of the room. Maybe the main wall behind the bed headboard is yellow and the grey hue can come through long, dramatic heavy fabric curtains. This is a great clean and fresh color combo that is very modern.


Black and white I think can sometimes be boring, but how about throwing some hip patterns and geometric shapes into it. Mix'n match, I say!

{Images from allmodern.com}

I didn't put this last board together, but I do love the color combination going on here. The indigo and orange hues have a contemporary Moroccan feel to them.

If you love these pillows, I found them all on allmodern.com. They have a huge selection of pillows, bedding and furniture that is all modern! I think I found my throw pillows for my bed and couch already. Oh, and they have "Hassle free shipping and free returns." (A minimum order is required.)

INSIGHT & IDEAS: These color combos and patterns can easily be transformed into a wedding color palette for your invites, florals, accessories and reception linens.

No comments:

Post a Comment