3.21.2009

The Perfect Housewife

I remember seeing a forward in my email a while back showing an article "The Good Wife's Guide" from the 1930's to being the perfect housewife. As I read it, I can assure you not much of that is practiced in today's society. I couldn't help but laugh internally as I read it. Read it for yourself if you have yet to read it. It's quite amusing; my favorite is "Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity."

Click here to read full article from the 1930's. And it was written by a woman!

One thing that I noticed in these type of ads, tv shows and commercials targeted at woman back in the 30's and 40's, the woman always seemed to be wearing aprons. And I thought if you want to look & play the part of being the perfect housewife, these aprons can help you do it!


These swanky, hip aprons from The Merry Martini can help you host the perfect party. The cupcake print and red polk-a-dot prints are too cute! These aprons can be a great bridal shower or housewarming gift. What husband wouldn't love coming home to a warm, cooked meal and see his wife in one of these retro, flirty aprons.

{Images from themerrymartini.com}

In case you guys were thinking that I don't believe in making a happy home and pleasing your husband, I certainly do. But not everything in this article is necessary with today's modern woman. Sorry Hemal to ruin your dreams of the perfect housewife. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment